Personalized Surgical Management
We understand a surgery can be stressful and patients might not know what they need to do. That is why we want to help our Culinary participants by giving them some advice so they can be ready for surgery and have a faster recovery. The Nevada Health Solutions care team is here to help. Call us at (702) 216-1653.
Here are some things patients should keep in mind before surgery. They should follow these instructions to prepare:
- Write a list of the medications you are taking, how much, and
- Let your surgeon know about the medications you are taking. Ask if you should stop taking any medications that have Ibuprofen, Aspirin, Motrin, and Aleve or blood thinners.
- Before your surgery, you should get the medications you will need after your surgery.
- If you get sick or have a cold or fever before your surgery, call your surgeon’s office. They will probably give you a new date for surgery so you can feel better.
Plan for your return home. Some things you need to think
- Who will be taking you home after surgery?
- Do you have to use stairs to get into your home? Do you have stairs inside your home?
- Will you need to stay with family or friends after your surgery?
If you need help with any of these situations, call the Nevada Health Solutions care team at (702) 216-1653.
- Make sure you have someone take you home after you get discharged. You won’t be able to drive home.
- Remember, the more you and your family are involved in preparing for before and planning for after your surgery, the smoother your surgery and recovery will be. We are here for you, so give the Nevada Health Solutions care team a call at
(702) 216-1653, Monday – Friday from 8am to 5pm.
- It is possible that you may be out of work for a few weeks, you will want to complete a Loss of Time form. You can get this form at the Customer Service Office or online at www.culinaryhealthfund.org. This will provide you with financial assistance while you are out of work.
If you have outpatient surgery, you’ll be able to go home the
If you have to stay in the hospital for one night or for a couple of days, our Nevada Health Solutions care team will work with you and your doctors to make sure your needs are taken care of. Someone from our care team may also stop by to see you after your surgery to make sure everything is ok.
After your surgery you should:
- Do what your doctor tells you to do. This will help you
- Talk to your surgeon or nurse about any concerns you would have after leaving the hospital.
- Have someone stay with you during the first 24 hours after you get discharged. If you don’t have anyone, tell
your care coordinator.
Keep this in mind:
- Never drive a car, operate dangerous machinery, or do any important business in the first 24 hours after your surgery.
- If your wound looks red, hurts or reopens, contact your doctor right away.
- If you have a fever, contact your doctor right away
Culinary’s Medical Management team, Nevada Health Solutions, has a Personalized Surgical Management program that may be great
You can call Nevada Health Solutions at (702) 216-1653, Monday – Friday from 8am to 5pm to speak with a nurse