At-home COVID-19 tests are now covered
Every home in the U.S. can get up to 4 at-home COVID-19 tests from the federal government completely free. Visit www.covidtests.gov to order your tests.
As of January 15, 2022, your plan also covers at-home COVID-19 tests.
How can I get an at-home COVID-19 test at no cost?
By mail order:
- Call OptumRx at 866-611-5960
At a Walgreens Pharmacy:
- Check out only at the pharmacy counter.
- Give the pharmacist your Culinary insurance card to get your test at no cost.
- If you check out at any other cash register, you’ll have to pay for the test and will need to submit your receipt for a refund.
How do I get a refund if I paid for an at-home COVID-19 test?
You can submit your receipt:
- Follow this link.
- Fill out the online form.
- Upload a photo of your receipt.
- Print this reimbursement form.Download PDF
- Fill out one form for each person requesting a reimbursement.
- Be sure to sign and date the form at the bottom.
- Include your original receipt in the envelope. Don’t staple or tape the receipt to the form.
Mail the completed form and receipt to:
OptumRx Claims Department
P.O. Box 650334
Dallas, Texas 75265-0334
- Your plan covers up to 8 tests per 30-day period. (Some tests come in packs of 2.)
- No-cost COVID tests are for your personal use. They are not for work, or for resale.
- Refunds will be processed within 30 days of the date your receipt is received.
- Refunds are based on approval, and are not guaranteed.
- If your refund request is approved, you will receive $12 per test, or the actual price paid; whichever is less.
- Your refund will be sent to you as a check in the mail.