Skip to main content
Latest COVID-19 information for
Participants Providers Employers

Community resources

If you’ve lost your job, or money is tight, it's O.K. to ask for help. There are a number of organizations in Nevada ready to lend a helping hand when you need one.

Do you need healthcare or health insurance?

Do you need help with food?

  • SNAP

    The SNAP program helps people buy food by providing them with a card that can be used to help pay for certain groceries. This program used to be called “Food Stamps.”

    To enroll in SNAP, visit the Access Nevada website, or call 702-486-1646.

  • WIC

    WIC helps women who are pregnant or who have recently had a child with food, breastfeeding, and other services. WIC also helps children up to 5 years old.

    To enroll in WIC, visit the Access Nevada website, or call 702-486-1646.

  • Food banks

    There are many food banks across Nevada. These provide groceries to people in need for free. Some are open every day, but some are only open one or two days a week.

    You can find a list of Nevada food banks here.

Do you need help with child care?

  • If you need someone to take care of your child while you’re at work, Access Nevada can refer you to an agency where you live that can help. For more information, visit the Access Nevada website, or call 702-486-1646.

Is your family in need of financial assistance?

  • TANF

    The TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families) program provides a cash grant for families with depending children.

    It can provide a small cash grant, training, and support services, if you qualify.

    Families receiving unemployment benefits would not be eligible for this program due to income limits.

    To enroll in TANF, visit the Access Nevada website, or call 702-486-1646.

Other resources

Access Nevada

Access Nevada is a web site where you can see what services are available to you from the State of Nevada. It includes a tool that will help you know if you qualify for State assistance. If you qualify, you can apply for benefits online.

To get started with Access Nevada:

Follow this link to watch a video explaining how to use the Access Nevada web site.

Nevada 211

Nevada 211 is a free service run by the State that connects people with agencies near them that can:

  • Help you find temporary housing during a crisis
  • Help pay your rent
  • Help pay your utility bills
  • Help you find an affordable place to live
  • Help you find a food pantry
  • Help you apply for SNAP (food stamps)
  • Help you find child care
  • Help you pay for child care

You can contact Nevada 211 by: