FREE Culinary COBRA
If you lost your Culinary insurance, or worry about losing your Culinary insurance, we have great news.
Congress passed the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021. It includes payment for Culinary COBRA. If you qualify, you won’t have to pay anything for your Culinary insurance for up to 6 months. All you have to do is enroll in Culinary COBRA!
What is Culinary COBRA?
- Culinary COBRA is a subsidy that covers the cost of Culinary health insurance for qualifying participants.
- If you’re eligible for the Culinary COBRA subsidy, you won’t have to pay anything for your Culinary insurance. It's 100% free.
- Culinary COBRA can give you up to 6 months of free health insurance, if you qualify.
- If you paid for April coverage, you will get a refund after enrolling in Culinary COBRA.
Am I eligible for Culinary COBRA?
You are eligible if you:
- Lost coverage due to loss of job (such as layoff) between November 1, 2019 and February 28, 2021.
- Lost coverage due to not working enough hours between November 1, 2019 and February 28, 2021.
- Have made a Super Saver payment, or are eligible now because of a Self-Payment.
- Are already paying for COBRA.
- Lose your job or don’t work enough hours for coverage from April 1 to August 31, 2021.
Who is NOT eligible for Culinary COBRA?
You are NOT eligible if you:
- Quit your job.
- Qualify for other group insurance. For example, if you have a new job that offers health insurance, or you have health insurance through your spouse’s job.
How much does Culinary COBRA cost?
Normally, regular COBRA can cost over $900 per month. But thanks to the American Rescue Plan Act, Culinary COBRA is FREE to you.
How do I enroll in Culinary COBRA?
Call the Customer Service Office at 702-733-9938.
Will I get a refund if I already made a Self-pay, Super Saver, or COBRA payment for April?
Yes. If you made a Self-Pay, Super Saver, or COBRA payment for April you will get a refund. Your refund will come as a check in the mail when you sign up for Culinary COBRA on the Participant Portal.