Eligibility changes: Partial Self-Pay
When the COVID-19 pandemic struck, the Culinary Health Fund Board of Union and Employer Trustees took steps to protect you and your loved ones. It extended your health insurance eligibility through October 2020. During that time, you did not have to make any payments to keep your health benefits, even if you were not able to work enough hours, or to work at all.
Starting in November 2020, you may need to make a partial Self-Pay payment to keep your Culinary benefits, if:
- You have been called back to work, but did not work 240 hours in July and August, or
- If you work for an employer that has agreed to cover some of your hours, whether you are working or not.
If the scenarios above do not describe your situation, visit this web page to see other options.
You will receive a letter in the mail after October 19, 2020 telling you if you need to make a partial Self-Pay payment to continue your Culinary benefits.
Questions and answers
I want to make sure I receive my Self-Pay notice in the mail. How do I make sure the Fund has my correct mailing address?
To check the address we have on file and make changes:
- Use our online portal.
- Call Customer Service at 702-733-9938.
- Use our Customer Service app for Android and Apple devices.
I didn't receive a letter in the mail. How do I find out if I need to make a partial Self-Pay payment?
Self-Pay notices were mailed October 19, 2020. If you don't receive a letter a few days after that date, call Customer Service at 702-733-9938.
How do I find out if I’ve worked enough hours?
- You can find out how many hours you have worked by calling Customer Service at 702-733-9938.
- You can also check your hours using our app for Android and Apple devices.
How do I make a Self-Pay payment? What methods of payment can I use?
Visit this page for more information about how to make a Self-Pay payment.
Where can I call if I have other questions?
You can call Customer Service at 702-733-9938.