Who pays for your COVID-19 testing?
The Culinary Health Fund will only pay for medically appropriate testing that is ordered by your doctor.
If your doctor orders your test because you have COVID-19 symptoms:
- The Culinary Health Fund pays for your testing at 100%. This is because the test is considered medically appropriate testing.
- You should go to a PPO provider to preserve Fund dollars.
- If you get billed for the test, please call the Customer Service Office at 702-733-9938.
If your employer tells you that you need to get tested:
- Your employer should pay for the test.
- The Culinary Health Fund will not pay.
- Your employer must tell you where to go and what to do for testing.
If you don’t have symptoms but want to get tested for any other reason:
(For example, if you have been exposed to someone who has COVID-19.)
- The state or county is in charge of this testing under “general public health testing.”
- Culinary insurance should not be used because the Culinary Health Fund will not pay for this test.
- If you want to get tested under “general public health testing,” go to the Southern Nevada Health District website.