Who pays for your COVID-19 testing?
The Culinary Health Fund will only pay for medically appropriate testing that is ordered by your doctor.
If your doctor orders your test because you have COVID-19 symptoms:
- The Culinary Health Fund pays for your testing at 100%. This is because the test is considered medically appropriate testing.
- You should go to a PPO provider to preserve Fund dollars.
- If you get billed for the test, please call the Customer Service Office at 702-733-9938.
If your employer tells you that you need to get tested:
- Your employer should pay for the test.
- The Culinary Health Fund will not pay.
- Your employer must tell you where to go and what to do for testing.
If you don’t have symptoms but want to get tested for any other reason:
(For example, if you have been exposed to someone who has COVID-19.)
- The state or county is in charge of this testing under “general public health testing.”
Culinary insurance should not be used because the Culinary Health Fund will not pay for this test.
If you want to get tested under “general public health testing:”
- Go to UMC’s testing website.
- Select “Public” from the drop-down menu to schedule an appointment.