Applied Behavior Analysis Therapy (ABA Therapy)
Does one of your employees have a child with autism?
Raising a child with autism can be challenging for parents — especially working parents! Children with autism have different needs and challenges. Autism affects a child’s learning, behavior, and health.
We want to help your employees and their families get the care they need. That’s why we cover ABA Therapy for dependent children with autism.
What is ABA Therapy?
ABA Therapy is a treatment that may help children who have autism. It may improve a child’s behavior and skills. It teaches positive behaviors and helps decrease negative ones. It’s used in schools and medical clinics.
ABA Therapy may help a child:
- Improve language and communication skills (Such as: repeating sounds or talking to others)
- Improve attention, focus, and memory (Such as: making eye contact or doing puzzles)
- Decrease problem behaviors (Such as: having outbursts or getting upset easily)
Is ABA Therapy covered by Culinary insurance?
Yes. ABA Therapy is covered for dependent children from age 2 up to age 21 when provided by an in-network ABA Therapy provider.
What is the copay?
- $10 copay per day of treatment (visit).
Is there a maximum benefit?
- We cover up to 30 hours of ABA Therapy each week.
How do my employees get ABA therapy for their children?
- Your employee should take their child to their in-network pediatrician. They can find an in-network pediatrician here, if they don’t already have one.
- Their pediatrician may screen their child for autism, or refer their child to someone else to get screened.
- If their child is diagnosed with autism, they may get a referral for ABA Therapy. The therapy must be ordered by an in-network pediatrician, child psychiatrist, child psychologist, or another type of provider operating within the scope of their state license.