What is Self-Pay?
Your employees have to work 240 hours within a 2-month period to keep their benefits. If they don’t work enough hours they have an option to pay for the hours they’re short. This lets them keep their health benefits when they don’t work enough.
If an employee doesn’t work any hours in a 2 month period, they can keep their benefits by making a “full self-pay.”
If an employee is on maternity leave, they can self-pay for up to 9 consecutive work periods. To make a maternity self-pay, your employee should call Customer Service at 702-733-9938.
How will my employees know if they haven’t worked enough hours?
Your employees will get a Self-Pay notice in the mail from us. They must make the self-payment before the due date to keep their benefits.
When do my employees have to pay?
The due date will be in the letter we mail to your employees. They can also check their Self-Payment due date by using the calculator below. They simply pick the months that they’re short hours to find out the due date. The calculator will also tell them when they’re covered.
May 1 to June 30
July 1 to August 31
September 1 to October 31
November 1 to December 31
January 1 to February 28/29
March 1 to April 30
How much do employees have to pay for Self-Pay?
Your employees pay the same amount that you do.
Employees can use the calculator below to check the amount they’ll need to pay to cover missed work hours.
Enter the number of hours your employee worked:
How do employees Self-Pay?
There are many ways for your employees to make a self-payment.
Pay by phone
Employees can call 702-733-9938 and follow the prompts.
Pay by mail
Employees can send a check or money order to
Use our drop box
Employees can put their payment in the Customer Service drop box located at 1901 Las Vegas Boulevard South. They should look for the Customer Service door. It’s suite 107.
Employees can follow this link to make a self-payment.
Use a smartphone
Employees can use our Customer Service app to Self-Pay on their smartphone.
Pay in person
Employees can bring their payment to the Customer Service Office.
Forms of payment
- Money orders
Most major credit cards
- American Express — We don’t accept American Express
Things to know about Self-Pay
- Employees can’t use self-pay to become eligible for benefits. It’s only to keep their benefits once they have them.
- For each hour they’re short, they pay the same amount that you pay.
- Self-payments are due at the end of every even-numbered month. This means February, April, June, August, October, and December.
- Employees can only make 6 full Self-Payments in a row. That’s 1 year total.
- If they’re short hours and choose not to Self-Pay, they’ll lose their benefits.
- To become eligible again, they’ll have to restart the process. This means they’ll have to work 360 hours within 3 months to be eligible. They’ll also have a 1-month wait again.