Acupuncture for your patients
What is acupuncture?
It’s a treatment that uses thin needles to help with health problems. The needles are put in your patient’s skin throughout parts of their body and placed in spots that focus on their health concern.
How can it help my patients?
It’s a way to reduce pain without medicine.
What health conditions can my patients use this benefit for?
The benefit only covers acupuncture for pain management of certain conditions, such as:
- chronic neck pain
- chronic headache
- low back pain
- carpal tunnel syndrome (tingling and numbness in your hands or arms)
- pain from osteoarthritis of the hip or knee
- fibromyalgia (condition that causes aches and pains all over the body)
- myofascial pain (disorder that causes muscle pain)
- nausea (feeling like theyʼre going to vomit) due to surgery, pregnancy, or cancer treatment (chemotherapy)
How much will this treatment cost my patients?
The copay is $15 per visit.
How many times can each patient get this treatment?
There is a limit of 12 visits per calendar year.
Where can my patients go for treatment?
Follow this link to find a provider.