Applied Behavior Analysis Therapy (ABA Therapy)
Does your child have autism?
Children with autism have different needs and challenges. Autism affects your child’s learning, behavior, and health. Applied Behavior Analysis Therapy (ABA Therapy) may help your child.
What is ABA Therapy?
ABA Therapy is a treatment that may help children who have autism. It may improve your child’s behavior and skills. It teaches positive behaviors and helps decrease negative ones. It’s used in schools and medical clinics.
ABA Therapy may help your child:
- Improve language and communication skills (Such as: repeating sounds or talking to others)
- Improve attention, focus, and memory (Such as: making eye contact or doing puzzles)
- Decrease problem behaviors (Such as: having outbursts or getting upset easily)
Is ABA Therapy covered by Culinary insurance?
Yes. ABA Therapy is covered for dependent children from age 2 up to age 6 when provided by an in-network ABA Therapy provider.
How much will it cost?
- $10 copay per day of treatment (visit).
Is there a maximum benefit?
- We cover up to 30 hours of ABA Therapy each week.
How do I get ABA Therapy for my child?
- Take your child to the pediatrician. You can find an in-network pediatrician here, if you don’t already have one.
- The pediatrician may screen your child for autism, or refer your child to someone else to get screened.
- If your child is diagnosed with autism, you may get a referral for ABA Therapy. The therapy must be ordered by an in-network pediatrician, child psychiatrist, child psychologist, or another type of in-network provider operating within the scope of their state license.
Where do I go for ABA Therapy?
You can find an in-network ABA Therapy location here. You can also call our Customer Service Office at 702-733-9938 for more information.