Diabetes class 1
Please refer your patients who have pre-diabetes or diabetes to our Diabetes Class 1. Our class will help your patients take control of their health. Whether they’ve just been diagnosed or have had diabetes for years, this class can help them.
Even patients without diabetes can come to the class.
In class they’ll learn:
- How diabetes affects their health
- How to measure their blood sugar
- What foods to eat
In this class, we give out:
- A glucometer (blood sugar monitor)
- A portion control plate
- A physical activity and exercise book
- A blood sugar log
If your patients already have a blood sugar monitor, they should bring it to the class. They can only get a new monitor from the Culinary Health Fund every two years.
This class is offered:
- In English, Spanish or Chinese
- In the morning, afternoon, or at night
- At no cost for your patients or their dependents. This means they don’t have to pay.
Your patients can call 702-691-5665 to sign up for a class.