The Culinary Health Fund and UNITE HERE HEALTH are proud to announce the John Wilhelm Endowed Scholarship! It was created to provide eligible participants and dependents an opportunity to pursue a degree in health care at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas (UNLV).
About John Wilhelm
John Wilhelm, former president of UNITE HERE, was a national organizer for local unions in the United States and Canada for almost two decades. Throughout his career, he was a passionate advocate for union members and their families. He devoted his life’s work to help all members get better access to quality, affordable health care. This scholarship continues his legacy to improve the health and lives of working families.
Who can apply for the scholarship?
You can apply if you’re:
- A current eligible participant with at least 3 years of continuous UNITE HERE HEALTH or Culinary Health Fund benefits or
- An eligible dependent of a current eligible participant with at least 3 years of continuous UNITE HERE HEALTH or Culinary Health Fund benefits
You must also:
- Be a Junior or Senior
- Be enrolled at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas (UNLV)
- Seek an undergraduate degree in Public Health, Nursing or a major within the School of Allied Health Sciences
- Take a minimum of 6 credits per semester (can be a part-time or full-time student)
- Have a 3.0 cumulative grade point average (GPA) or higher
How do I apply for the scholarship?
You can apply for the scholarship through the UNLV Financial Aid and Scholarships Office by completing a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) along with other requirements.