What is a specialty pharmacy?
A specialty pharmacy delivers medicine and treatments to patients with serious, ongoing or rare medical issues. These medicines usually cost over $1,000 for a 30-day supply. They often need special storage and handling such as refrigeration. A specialty pharmacy helps you get your medicine quickly. It also provides extra support for you and your doctor.
Optum Specialty Pharmacy
Optum Specialty Pharmacy is the specialty pharmacy for the Culinary Health Fund. You can only get your specialty medicine from Optum Specialty Pharmacy.
If you need a specialty medicine, Optum Specialty Pharmacy will:
- Help you get prior authorization
- Teach you how to take your medicine. For example, how to inject your medicine.
- Send your medicine to your home for free
- Provide refill reminders
- Help you manage side effects
- Work with your doctor to help make sure your treatment is working
How much will it cost?
Specialty prescription costs vary based on the drug. If you need a specialty drug on our variable copay program, you may pay up to 25% of the cost. There’s also a savings program available for these specialty prescription drugs if needed.
How do I send my prescription to Optum Specialty Pharmacy?
Your doctor or a hospital can fax, e-prescribe, or call Optum Specialty Pharmacy to send in your prescription.
- Phone: 866-618-6741
- Fax: 866-618-6692
How do I get my prescription from Optum Specialty Pharmacy?
You can have your medicine delivered to your home or doctor’s office for free.
- You or your authorized representative will be required to schedule the delivery.
- UPS will deliver your medicine.
- Your doctor’s office will only be contacted regarding the prescription shipment if your prescription will be injected or infused at your doctor’s office.