If you’re 35 years or older, you can get a preventive mammogram once a year. Mammograms are special x-rays that check for breast cancer. Getting one once a year may help you find breast cancer early.
Why are mammograms important?
Mammograms are important because they are one of the best ways to find breast cancer early, when it is most treatable. This means they may find breast cancer before you have any symptoms or lumps.
When should I get a mammogram?
You can get a preventive mammogram once a year if you’re 35 years or older.
How do I get a mammogram?
- Get a referral from your doctor.
- Make an appointment at an in-network diagnostic imaging location near you.
- Get your mammogram or 3D mammogram for no copay.
Where do I go?
Follow this link to find an in-network mammogram facility near you.
How much will it cost?
- There’s no copay for a basic preventive mammogram.
- There’s no copay for a 3D mammogram.