Diabetes class 1
Our Diabetes Class 1 can help your employees who have pre-diabetes or diabetes. This class teaches them how to take control of their health. Whether they’ve just been diagnosed or have had diabetes for years, this class will help them.
Even if your employees don’t have diabetes, they can come to the class.
In class they’ll learn:
- How diabetes affects their health
- How to measure their blood sugar
- What foods to eat
In this class, we give out:
- A glucometer (blood sugar monitor)
- A portion control plate
- A physical activity and exercise book
- A blood sugar log
If your employees already have a blood sugar monitor, they should bring it to the class. They can only get a new monitor from the Culinary Health Fund every two years.
This class is offered:
- In English, Spanish or Chinese
- In the morning, afternoon, or at night
- At no cost for your employees or their dependents. This means they don’t have to pay.
Your employees can call 702-691-5665 to sign up for a class.