Diabetes class 1
If you have pre-diabetes or diabetes this class teaches you how to take control of your health. Whether you’ve just been diagnosed or have had diabetes for years, this class can help you.
Even if you don't have diabetes, you can still come to the class.
In class you’ll learn:
- How diabetes affects your health
- How to measure your blood sugar
- What foods to eat
In this class, you'll get a:
- Glucometer (blood sugar monitor)
- Portion control plate
- Physical activity and exercise book
- Blood sugar log
If you already have a blood sugar monitor, please bring it to the class. You can only get a new monitor from the Culinary Health Fund every two years.
This class is offered:
- In English, Spanish or Chinese
- In the morning, afternoon, or at night
- At no cost for you or your dependents. This means you don’t have to pay.
Call 702-691-5665 to sign up for a class.